Forms can also be dropped off in Mrs. Krase’s mailbox, but they MUST be in an envelope addressed to her.
The final deadline is Friday, December 8.
- What: ATV riding for scouts 13+ years old. Activities for scouts under 13 years old.
- Where: Camp Somers. [directions] [camp map]
- ATV Waiver Form: http://www.camps.ppbsa.org/
- Lodging: Cabin camping
- When: Friday – Sunday December 15-17, 2017
- Registration Deadline: Friday, December 8, 2017
- Registration Forms: Drop off at Troop meeting on December 6 or in Mrs. Krase’s mailbox in an envelope addressed to her.
- Depart: Meet 5:45 pm on Friday, December 15 at Montville Reformed Church to load trailer and depart.
- Sunday Morning Return: 10:00 am Sunday, December 17 to Montville Reformed Church for campers who are not riding ATVs on Sunday, unload trailer.
- Sunday Afternoon Return: 5:00 pm Sunday December 17 to Montville Reformed Church for campers who are riding ATVs on Sunday.
- Saturday ATV ( ages 13+) w/ full training class (new riders): $65
- Sunday ATV ( ages 13+) w/refresher training class (returning riders): $65
- Parents: $15 for camping only, $55 for Camping + ATV
- Trip Leader: ASM Tom Radcliffe
- Trip Coordinator: Lisa Krase
All Terrain Vehicles
Scouts who are 13 years or older can sign up to ride ATVs. Scouts must have a signed parent permission slip to ride.
There are 2 ATV sessions. Each session can take a maximum of 8 riders so space is limited. For each session, the first 8 scouts to register and hand in their registration form and check on time will be given a slot. Scouts will be wait listed if a session fills up. Parents may sign up to ride ATVs but scouts will be given first priority. DO NOT MISS THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE! If you do not hand in your forms and check before the deadline, you risk losing your slot to someone on the waiting list.
The first ATV session is on Saturday. This is an all-day session for riders who have never ridden ATVs at Camp Somers before. It includes a full safety and skills training class before riding on the trails. Scouts who choose this session will camp from Friday evening to Sunday morning.
The session on Sunday (8 am and 1 pm) is for scouts who have already been through Camp Somers’ full training class. There is a refresher training class before riding on the trails. Scouts who choose the Sunday session will return on Sunday afternoon.
IMPORTANT: Anyone interested in being a Grubmaster must camp starting from Friday. Grubmasters will prepare the usual meals: Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, and Sunday breakfast. A decision about Sunday lunch will be made after we know the final registration numbers.
Reminder, opportunities to cook at campouts is limited this year so think about taking advantage of this trip to cook, especially if you are trying to rank up before the March Court of Honor.
Visit Grubmaster Resources for everything you need to know to be a successful Grubmaster. The page contains links to recipes, forms, and serving size suggestions to help you figure out how much food to buy, as well as the forms you need to get reimbursed for you expenses.
VERY IMPORTANT: Everyone interested in the attending the trip is encouraged to bring their forms to the Troop meeting on Wednesday, December 6. Forms can also be dropped off in Mrs. Krase’s mailbox, but they MUST be in an envelope addressed to her. The final deadline is Friday, December 8.
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration is not complete until you return a signed registration form with your payment before the registration deadline even though you have filled out the online form. Don’t forget to sign the ATV waiver!!!
If you have problems viewing the registration form, try Firefox or Chome web browsers.